A dedicated and talented team of 22 students competed in the 40th Annual National Collegiate Landscape Competition at Mississippi State University. The team placed 7th overall of 62 colleges and universities.
These individuals placed in the top 10 in their events:
- Woody Ornamental ID: 1st – Jake Scott; 2nd – Peyton Daly
- Wood Construction: 3rd – Jake Scott and Dustin Black
- Sales Presentation: 3rd – Stormie Valentine
- Exterior Landscape Design: 8th – Justin Morgan
- Interior Landscape Design: 8th – Ethan Garner
- Turf and Weed Identification: 4th – Kaitlynn Paxton
- Landscape Maintenance Estimation: 4th – Justin Morgan
- Small Engine Repair: 6th – Grant Hahn
Congratulations to all the team members!!!!
On the way to Starkville, the group zip-lined, rock-climbed, paddle boarded and kayaked at the National Whitewater Center. This experience created a fun atmosphere that further solidified the team camaraderie and sportsmanship.
A visit to Gibbs Gardens during the height of the daffodil bloom was refreshing and inspiring.
Students generate funds for this experience by designing and installing landscapes in the Raleigh area. This year two of the NCSU livestock units received a facelift and a local landscape benefitted from a cleanup and coating of shredded hardwood mulch.
Photo (L to R) Front row: Ethan Garner, Stormie Valentine, Ethan Mason, Kristin Neill, Allison Blanchard, Peyton Daly. Middle row: Alana Farris, Brittany Bell, Grace Manzer, Natasha Poteet, Justin Morgan, Max Alff, Alex Burnette, Kaitlynn Paxton, David Denton. Back row: Grant Hahn, Nathan Gantt, Professor Lis Meyer, John Nix, Kevin Foushee, Zack Spence, Travis Black, Dustin Black. Not pictured: Professors Barb Fair & Lee Ivy.