Area(s) of Expertise
Description of Work
Bioaccessibility study using in vitro gastrointestinal digestion model, Green and efficient extraction of phytochemicals using deep eutectic solvents, Bioassay guided fractionation of phytochemicals and its characterization, Synthesis of small molecules, Quantification of cannabinoids using HPLC.
- Member of Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- Xiong J, Chan YS, Rathinasabapathy T, Grace MH, Komarnytsky S, Lila MA; “Enhanced stability of berry pomace polyphenols delivered in protein-polyphenol aggregate particles to an in vitro gastrointestinal digestion model”, Food Chem., 2020, 331, 127279.
- Tanveer M, Wagner C, Ikram ul Haq M, Ribeiro NC, Rathinasabapathy T, Butt MS, Shehzad A, Komarnytsky S; “Spicing up gastrointestinal health with dietary essential oils”, Phytochemistry Rev., 2020, 19(2), 243-263.
- Anik Boudreau, Alexander Poulev, David M. Ribnicky, Ilya Raskin, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy, Allison J. Richard, Jacqueline M. Stephens; “Distinct Fractions of an Artemisia scoparia Extract Contain Compounds With Novel Adipogenic Bioactivity”, Front Nutr., 2019, 6, 18.
- Kit-Kay Mak, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy, Shanta Sankaran, Murugesh Kandasamy, Elaine Chan Wan Ling, Madhu Katyayani Balijepalli, Sreenivasa Rao Sagineedu, Mallikarjuna Rao Pichika; “Edible foxtail millet flour stabilises and retain the in vitro activity of blueberry bioactive components”, Int J Food Sci Technol., 2018, 53, 1771-1780.
- Jackson KMP, Rathinasabapathy T, Esposito D, Komarnytsky S; “Structural constraints and importance of caffeic acid moiety for anti-hyperglycemic effects of caffeoylquinic acids from chicory”, Mol Nutr Food Res., 2017, 61(9), Article ID 1601118.
- Murugesh Kandasamy, Muhammed Salihin, Mallikarjuna Rao Pichika, Slavko Komarnytsky, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy; “A metabolic stability determination of tetrahydro -thiazolopyridine derivative a selective 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 (11β-HSD1) inhibitor”, Int J Pharm Bio Sci., 2017, 8(3), 120-130.
- Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy, Kimberly Marie Palatini Jackson, Yiwen Thor, Ayuba Sunday Buru, Debora Esposito, Xu Li, Mallikarjuna Rao Pichika, Ahmad Sazali Hamzah, and Slavko Komarnytsky; “Thiazolopyridines Improve Adipocyte Function by Inhibiting 11 Beta-HSD1 Oxoreductase Activity”, J Chemistry, 2017, Article ID 3182129.
- Sakthivel Lakshmana Prabu, Suriyaprakash TNK, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy, Shanmugarathinam, A; “Process Validation – A Review”, Pharma Times, 2014, 04, 12-15.
- Sakthivel Lakshmana Prabu, Suriyaprakash TNK, Ruckmani Kandasamy, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy; “Concepts of Process Validation in Solid Dosage Form [Tablet] – An Overview”, SAJ Pharm Pharmacol., 2014, 1, 1-12.
- Debora Esposito, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy, Barbara Schmidt, Michael P. Shakarjian, Slavko Komarnytsky, Ilya Raskin; “Acceleration of cutaneous wound healing by brassinosteroids”, Wound Rep Reg., 2013, 21, 688–696.
- Slavko Komarnytsky, Debora Esposito, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy, Alexander Poulev, and Ilya Raskin; “Effects of Pregnane Glycosides on Food Intake Depend on Stimulation of Melanocortin Pathway and BDNF in Animal Model”, Agric. Food Chemistry, 2013, 61, 1841 – 1849.
- Rocky Graziose, Mary H. Grace, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy, Patricio Rojas-Silva, Carmen Dekock, Alexander Poulev, Mary Ann Lila, Peter Smith, Ilya Raskin; “Antiplasmodial activity of cucurbitacin glycosides from Datisca glomerata (C. Presl) Baill.”, Phytochemistry 2013, 87 (March), 78 – 85.
- Rocky Graziose, Patricio Rojas-Silva, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy, Carmen Dekock, Mary H Grace, Alexander Poulev, Mary Ann Lila, Peter Smith, Ilya Raskin; “Antiparasitic compounds from Cornus florida L. with activities against Plasmodium falciparum and Leishmania tarentolae”, Ethnopharmacol., 2012, 142, 456-61.
- Esposito D, Thirumurugan R, Poulev A, Komarnytsky S, Raskin I; “Akt-dependent anabolic activity of natural and synthetic brassinosteroids in rat skeletal muscle cells”, Med. Chem., 2011, 54, 4057-4066.
- Rocky Graziose, Thirumurugan Rathinasabapathy, Carmen Lategan, Alexander Poulev, Peter J. Smith, Mary Grace, Mary Ann Lila, Ilya Raskin; “Antiplasmodial activity of aporphine alkaloids and sesquiterpene lactones from Liriodendron tulipifera” J. Ethnopharmacol., 2011, 133, 26-30.
- Sriram, P. Yogeeswari, M. Dinakaran, R. Thirumurugan; “Antimycobacterial activity of novel 1-(5-cyclobutyl-1, 3-oxazol-2-yl)-3-(sub) phenyl / pyridyl thiourea compounds endowed with high activity toward multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis”, J. Antimicrobial Chemother., 2007, 59, 1194-1196.
- Sriram, P. Yogeeswari, R. Thirumurugan, P. Roheeth Kumar; “Discovery of newer Antitubercular Oxazolyl thiosemicarbazones”, J. Med. Chem., 2006, 49, 3448-3450.
- Thirumurugan, D. Sriram, J.P. Stables, A. Saxena, P. Yogeeswari; “2,4-dimethoxyphenyl semicarbazones with anticonvulsant activity against three animal models of seizure: Synthesis and Pharmacological evaluation ”, Bioorg. Med. Chem., 2006, 14, 3106-3112.
- Yogeeswari, D. Sriram, J.V. Raghavendran, R. Thirumurugan, S.Induja, J.P. Stables; “Synthesis and Structure-activity relationship on anticonvulsant arylsemicarbazones”, Med. Chem., 2006, 2, 55-62.
- Yogeeswari, R. Thirumurugan, D. Sriram, L.R.J. Sunil Jit, J. Vaigunda Ragavendran, R. Kavya, K. Rakhra, J.P. Stables; “Synthesis of some new semicarbazone derivatives as anticonvulsants with GABA-mediated mechanism”, Acta Pharm., 2006, 56, 259-272.
- Yogeeswari, D. Sriram, R. Thirumurugan, T.R.Bal; “Epibatidine and its analogues as nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist: An Uptate”, Nat. Prod. Res., 2006, 20, 497-505.
- Yogeeswari, D. Sriram, R. Thirumurugan, J.V. Raghavendran, K. Sudhan, J.P. Stables; “Discovery of N-(2,6-dimethylphenyl)-substituted Semicarbazones as Anticonvulsants effective against various animal models of seizure with GABA-T Inhibitory Activity”, J. Med. Chem., 2005, 48, 6202-6211.
- Yogeeswari, D. Sriram, V. Veena, R. Kavya, K. Rakhra, S. Mehta, J. Vaigunda Ragavendran, R. Thirumurugan, J.P. Stables; “Synthesis of novel aryl semicarbazones as potential anticonvulsant agents”, Biomed. Pharmacother., 2005, 59, 51-55.
- Sriram, P. Yogeeswari, R. Thirumurugan, T.R. Bal; “Camptothecin and its Analogues: A review on their chemotherapeutic potential”, Nat. Prod. Res., 2005, 19, 393-412.
- Yogeeswari, D. Sriram, R. Thirumurugan, R. Kavya, S. Samuel, J.P. Stables; “3-chloro-2-methyl phenyl semicarbazones; synthesis and anticonvulsant activity”, Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2004, 39, 729-734.
- Sriram, P. Yogeeswari, R. Thirumurugan; “Antituberculous activity of some aryl semicarbazone derivatives”, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2004, 14, 3923-3924.
- Yogeeswari, J. Vaigunda Raghavendran, R. Thirumurugan, A. Saxena, D. Sriram; “Ion channels as important targets for antiepileptic drug design”, Curr. Drug Targets, 2004, 5, 589-602.
- Yogeeswari, D. Sriram, V. Saraswat, J. Vaigunda Raghavendran, M. Mohan Kumar, S. Murugesan, R. Thirumurugan, J.P. Stables; “Synthesis and anticonvulsant and Neurotoxicity evaluation of N4 – Phthalimido Phenyl (thio) semicarbazides”, Eur. J. Pharm. Sci., 2003, 20, 341-346.
- Yogeeswari, D. Sriram, A. Brahmandam, I. Sridharan, R. Thirumurugan, J.P. Stables; “Synthesis of novel aryl semicarbazones as Anticonvulsants with GABA-mediated mechanism”, Med. Chem. Res., 2003, 12, 57-68.
- Thirumurugan, S. Kavimai, R.S. Srivastava; “Anti-tumour Activity of Rhinacanthone against Dalton’s Ascitic Lymphoma”, Biol. Pharm. Bull., 2000, 23(12), 1438-1440.
Ph.D., Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, India
MPharmacy, IIT, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, India
BPharmacy, Madurai Medical College, The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai, India