College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Calendar
N.C. Plant Sciences Initiative and Demo: Plant pathogens? There’s an app for that.
Yes, there is an app for that. Plant disease diagnostic with a smartphone is here thanks to the work of an interdisciplinary team from North Carolina State University.
Join us at The Garage on Centennial Campus to learn from Steve Briggs, N.C. Plant Sciences Initiative (PSI) launch director, how N.C. PSI will build interdisciplinary teams to create next-gen plant science applications. Then witness what collaborative innovation looks like with a demo of the smartphone plant diagnostic from one of its inventors, Dr. Qingshan Wei.
The meeting is restricted to 50 attendees, and registration is required via the MeetUp app or website.
- 5-5:10 p.m. Arrive at Entrepreneurship Garage, North Carolina State University Centennial Campus
- 5:10 p.m. Introduction of Speakers
- 5:15-6 p.m. Speakers:
- ***Stephen Briggs, Launch Director, N.C. Plant Sciences Initiative, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, NC State University. Talk: North Carolina Plant Sciences Initiative
- ***Qingshan Wei, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, NC State University Emerging Plant Disease and Global Food Security Cluster. Demo: Smartphone Plant Disease Tech
- 6-6:30 p.m. Networking
- 6:30 p.m. End
- October 23
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Event Category:
- N.C. Plant Sciences Initiative