College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Calendar
Creating and Caring for Sustainable Home Landscapes
- This event has passed.
This is an 8-week course for folks who are interested in gardening in a more sustainable way. We will define, and discuss the concept of sustainability as it relates to all our home horticultural practices. Come learn more about gardening techniques that save energy, conserve water, reduce inputs, restore ecosystems and much more!
- Sustainability defined
- Reducing your horticultural inputs
- Organic practices
- Energy saving landscapes
- Waterwise approaches
- Gardening to attract wildlife
- Soil building and plant nutrition
- Sustainable pest management
- $200.00 for members, $250.00 for nonmembers. Note to nonmembers: instead of paying $50.00 more for the program, become a member for $50.00 instead.
- Advance registration is required. Please register online using our registration e-store. Registration is limited to 24 people and is considered complete when payment is received.
- Program cancellations can be made through Wednesday, January 21, 2015. No refunds will be made after January 21. A 15% cancellation fee applies.
- JC Raulston Arboretum
4415 Beryl Rd
Raleigh, NC 27606 United States