We provide competitive assistantships for qualified candidates in our thesis-based master and doctoral programs. Assistantships for the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees offer tuition, health insurance, and a $12,250 (MS) or $13,750 (Ph.D.) stipend for the academic year. Summer support is given at the discretion of the major professor. Total yearly support including summer supplement is $16,000 (MS) and $18,000 (Ph.D.).
Students on assistantship also are eligible for the Graduate Student Support Plan (GSSP). Benefits of the GSSP include:
- Waiver of in- and out-of-state tuition for:
- Four (4) semesters (two years) for M.S. students
- Eight (8) semesters (four years) for Ph.D. students who hold an M.S. degree at the time of admission to the doctoral program
- Ten (10) semesters (five years) for students going either directly from a B.S. to a Ph.D. degree or progressing continuously from the M.S. to the Ph.D. degree program
- Health insurance coverage
Students interested in a departmental assistantship should submit their application by the January 31 early application deadline for the fall semester and by November 15 for the spring semester.