We provide competitive assistantships for qualified candidates in our thesis-based master and doctoral programs. Assistantships for the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees offer tuition, health insurance, and a $11,250 (MS) or $12,750 (Ph.D.) annual academic stipend. Summer support is given at the discretion of the major professor.
Students on assistantship also are eligible for the Graduate Student Support Plan (GSSP). Benefits of the GSSP include:
- Waiver of in- and out-of-state tuition for:
- Four (4) semesters (two years) for M.S. students
- Eight (8) semesters (four years) for Ph.D. students who hold an M.S. degree at the time of admission to the doctoral program
- Ten (10) semesters (five years) for students going either directly from a B.S. to a Ph.D. degree or progressing continuously from the M.S. to the Ph.D. degree program
- Health insurance coverage
Students interested in a departmental assistantship should submit their application by the January 31 early application deadline for the fall semester and by November 15 for the spring semester.