We consider applicants for admission to our graduate programs on a number of factors, including undergraduate coursework, GRE scores, relevant experience, and letters of reference. Final admission requires an applicant to obtain the commitment from a graduate faculty advisor to take the applicant into their training program.
A complete graduate application package includes:
- Graduate School application
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- GRE scores**
- TOEFL scores (international students only)
The overall TOEFL score must be a minimum of 80 with a score of 18 in each category with no appeals. Review the current English proficiency requirements on the Graduate School website.
- A statement of interest
- Three (3) letters of reference***
- Application fee
**On average, students who enter the Animal Science graduate program have a minimum combined GRE quantitative and verbal score of 300.
***Reference letters should be from course professors, academic advisors, undergraduate research mentors, or other individuals who hold a doctoral degree.
- Fall Semester: June 1 (US students), March 1 (International students)
(Students interested in being considered for a departmental assistantship should apply by the early deadline of January 31).
- Spring Semester: November 1 (US students), July 15 (International students)
- Summer I: March 25 (US students), December 15 (International students)
- Summer II: May 10 (US students), December 15 (International students)