The Agricultural Institute offers an internship program to reinforce classroom learning through off-campus experiences. It is a great opportunity to gain real-world professional experience while still in school.
We have a two-course sequence to help students learn and apply the soft skills necessary in today’s workplace.
- AGI 191 (Professional Development) — This is a 1 credit hour course focuses on specific employability skills for success at work. This course meets once a week the semester before the internship starts.
- AGI 192 (External Learning Experience) — During the internship, students gain practical, hands-on experience working closely with a mentor who also serves as an industry partner.
Requirements for the AGI Internship Program
- One year of coursework (approximately 30 hours)
- AGI 191 (must pass with a B- or better)
- Application and interview with a prospective employer
- Maintain good academic standing
- Establish a mentor or professional relationship with an employer