Professor and Extension Specialist
Nelson Hall 4221B
Area(s) of Expertise
- Agricultural Marketing
- Agricultural Economics: Prices, Markets and Policy
- Applied Econometrics, Futures and Options Markets
A native of Australia, Nick Piggott joined the ARE faculty in 1997. His research interests are in the areas of demand analysis, agricultural markets, applied econometrics, agricultural biotechnology, and risk management. His extension program focuses on grain marketing and risk management. He co-teaches (with Wally Thurman) an undergraduate class introducing commodity futures markets.
- NC State Grain Marketing Homepage
- Recent Radio Interviews on the Southern Farm Network
- Testimony to the General Farm Commodities and Risk Management Subcommittee
Spatial market integration in the presence of threshold effects
Does food safety information impact US meat demand?
Demand response to advertising in the Australian meat industry
Ph.D., Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California at Davis (1997)
M.S., Agricultural Economics, University of California at Davis (1994)
Bachelor, Agricultural Economics (First Class Honors), University of New England, NSW, Australia (1992)