Farm Management Extension Associate
3326 Nelson Hall
The opportunity to work in the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and NC State Extension is truly rewarding. It allows me to play a key role in program building, funding development, extension leadership, agricultural business research, business tool development, budget development, new crop feasibility, farm business consulting, and more. I see my job as a way to serve the needs of our wonderful extension agents across the state and by default help North Carolina Farmers. If you have not had the chance to get to know the team of agents in your county I encourage you to check them out or give them a call.
I have had the pleasure of working in all aspects of the NC Farm School program over the past 7 years. In this role I have worked with Department Faculty and Staff, NC State Extension, NC Cooperative Extension, North Carolina farmer led organizations, and North Carolina farmers to ensure the successful operation of NC Farm School and business-related training across the state. Currently the NC Farm School is up and running and may be coming to your part of the state in the spring.
Cost and Returns of Production
Row Crop Market Prices
- NCSU Grain Marketing
Row Crop Cost Analysis
- Machinery Custom Rates (estimates for cost comparison only as cost do not directly apply to NC)
- USDA Statistics for Cost and Yield
- National Agricultural Statistics Service Home Page- North Carolina
- USDA Quick Stats Data Base– this is a searchable data based that can be used to look at land rent, county yield, and many state and county level farm datasets.
- Crop Insurance Quick Estimator
- NCDA Bulk Fertilizer Weekly Price Report
- Crop Comparison Tool (working version for 2022)