- To promote professional improvement of all professional Extension workers.
- To support and encourage the development of a united approach to a total Extension program.
- To encourage and promote high professional standards and maintain a high esprit de corps among all members.
- To promote understanding and cooperation among all Extension workers and to provide a channel for exchange of ideas.
- To strive for increased opportunity for individual members to pursue a career in their chosen area of extension work.
- To establish and maintain a close relationship and line of communication with Extension administration.
- To provide educational programs for the benefit of the members.
- To provide opportunities for recognition of leadership and service. To work for the benefit and service of members and ultimately for all the clientele of North Carolina.
Andrew Branan, Extension Assistant Professor in the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, has been named the first place winner of the Leadership & Service Recognition Award for the North Carolina Joint Council of Extension Professionals.
The NCJCEP represents extension professionals from throughout the North Carolina Cooperative Extension community, including those at NC State University and NC A&T. The primary purpose of NCJCEP is to establish and maintain a professional structure through which members may be joined in a unified professional effort. The objectives of NCJCEP are:
Branan will be recognized at the NCJCEP Forum on Friday, December 3, 2021.