NC FFA Succeeds at the National FFA Convention and Expo
North Carolina Future Farmers Association (FFA) was well represented at the 2022 National FFA Convention and Expo, held in Indianapolis, IN. The North Carolina FFA Organization is a school-based national youth leadership development organization of more than 32,000 student members as part of 355 local FFA chapters across the state.
Overall, the organization earned 10 national awards at the convention. Congratulations to all the members, chapters, and advisors for all your hard work! Below is a listing of the national winners.
- National FFA Southern Region Vice President – MacKenna Clifton, West Rowan Chapter
- National Chapter Award, National Premier Chapter: Building Communities – Lumberton Chapter
- First place FFA Creed Speaking – Rachel Noble, South Lenoir Chapter
- First place Forest Management and Products Proficiency Award – Joshua Shaver, West Rowan Chapter
- First Place National FFA Talent – Boone & Church: Jaxton Boone, Walker Boone, Ethan Church, and Eli Church from Avery County Chapter
- First place National FFA Hall of States – Lumberton Chapter
- National FFA Alumni and Supporters Outstanding Achievement Award – Glenn Howell, West Carteret FFA Alumni & Supporters
- National FFA Alumni & Supporters Outstanding Southern Region State Association Award – North Carolina FFA Alumni & Supporters
- National FFA Alumni and Supporters Outstanding Corporate Chapter Award – BASF FFA Alumni & Supporters
- Sydney Loflin, a freshman majoring in Agricultural Education also earned the Silver Emblem for the Extemporaneous Public Speaking Leadership Development Event
- The North Carolina FFA Association was recognized as the second-highest total gain in FFA membership – Congratulations to all chapters for this achievement!