Calendar of Important Events
- Assistantships Available
- Honor Societies
- Scientific Meetings
See Your Graduate Advisor or the Department Graduate Administrator for additional information.
- NC State Alumni Association Graduate Fellowship supplements, nominations due in early January.
- North Carolina Agricultural Foundation Research Assistantships, proposals due in early January. Contact NCARS, Box 7601, NC State.
- Graduate Teaching Assistantships in Biological Sciences Program. Contact Dr. T. L. Grove, Professor & Department Head of Zoology and Coordinator of Biological Sciences, 115 David Clark Lab, NC State
- Nominations for Kenneth R. Keller Research Awards. Contact the Director of Research, CALS, NCARS, 100C Patterson Hall, Box 7642, NC State.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Assistantship. Contact the CALS Academic Program Director. 115 Patterson Hall, Box 7642, NC State.
- XI Sigma PI Research Awards, XI Sigma PI Undergraduate Research Recognition. Contact Dr. R. R. Braham, Forestry, Box 8002, NC State.
- Phi Kappa Phi Awards (M.S. and Ph.D. degree candidates) due 2/18, Contact Dr. Grace L. Finkle, Phi Kappa Phi Wards, Counseling Center, 2000 Harris, Box 7312, NC State.
- Joseph J. Garbarino Achievement Award. Contact the Animal Health Institute Foundation, 119 Oronoco Street, Box 1417 - D50, Alexandria, VA 22313.
- Purina Research Fellowship (Graduate study at any land-grant agricultural college). Contact Dr. Ray Zimmerman, Purina Mills, Inc., 1401 S. Hanley Rd., P.O. Box 66812, St. Louis, MO 63166-6812.
- Abstracts due for Animal Science Meetings in July or August.
- National Feed Ingredients Association Scholarships. Contact Lois Witt, NFIA, One Corporate Place, Suite 375, West Des Moines, IA 50265, (515) 225-9611.
- NC State Graduate Student Association Outstanding Teaching Awards. Contact 'Standing Committees' list on website (http://www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/stud_orgs/gsa/ugsainfo.htm).
- Abstracts due for the Poultry Science Association (PSA) annual meeting in August. Contact the Poultry Science Association, 1111 North Dunlap Ave., Savoy, IL 61874-9604. (See website on page 3)
- FASEB Scientific meetings (Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology) includes Nutrition, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Immunology and Pharmacology (Include DATES and places of next meetings) See the back of a FASEB membership directory for the dates and places of the meetings of the American Physiological Society and the American Association of Immunologists.
- National Needs Graduate Fellowships ($l5,000/yr for 3 years). There can be only two proposals from any one administrative unit (CALS) in an institution. Contact Dr. G. Barthalmus, Assoc. Dean & Director, Academic Affairs, Box 7642, NC State.
- Fullbright Fellowships. Contact the office of International Programs, Box 7112, NCSU Campus.
- Animal Science Meetings.
- Poultry Science Association annual scientific meetings - Dates and sites to be announced.
- Graduate Teaching Assistantships in Biological Sciences Program. Contact Dr. T. L. Grove, Professor & Department Head of Zoology and Coordinator of Biological Sciences, 115 David Clark Lab, NC State.
- International Student Orientation, GSA Orientation, English Placement Orientation, Teaching Effectiveness Workshop.
- Poultry Science Graduate Student Orientation
- Professional Development Workshop for Graduate Students sponsored by R. J. Reynolds Tobacco, Co. Contact Marcy Bullock, Career Services, 111 Patterson Hall, Box 7642, NC State.
- M. B. "Dutch" Gardner Outstanding Graduate Student Awards ($250 MS: $500 Ph.D.). A copy of thesis and justification of how the research benefits the poultry industry must be received by April 1. Contact the Poultry Science Department.
- CALS Graduate Student Professional Development Workshop. Two students per CALS Department are chosen by nomination to the Department Head.
- Graduate student Fellowships sponsored by: a) National Science Foundation, b) National Science Foundation for Minorities, c) Ford Foundation Doctoral Fellowships, d) Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships, and e) Howard Hughes Medical Institute Doctoral Fellowships. Contact Dr. G. Barthalmus, Assoc. Dean & Director, Academic Affairs, Box 7642, NC State.
- Abstracts due for U.S. Poultry and Egg Association. Graduate student awards are given for presentations. Obtain abstract forms from the Department of Poultry Science.
- Abstracts due for the American Institute of Nutrition (FASEB) meeting in April. Awards given for graduate student presentations (awards program abstracts due before regular abstracts). Obtain abstract forms from AIN, FASEB, 9650 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814.
- Abstracts due for the Institute of Food Technologists Annual Scientific Meeting in June.
- NC State Alumni Association Outstanding Research Awards. Contact Dr. J. Oblinger, Dean, CALS, 112 Patterson Hall, Box 7601, NC State.
- AIN Pre-doctoral Fellowship (Nutrition Research), application and proposal due in early December. Contact the American Institute of Nutrition, 9650 Rockville, Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814.