The CALS Business Center will handle all aspects of hiring temporary bi-weekly employees. PI's are to contact Michelle Sabatelli at 515-5732 when they want to do a new hire. A completed vacancy form will need to be submitted for all bi-weekly employees. You will then be notified by your CALS representative on how to proceed and what paperwork will need to be completed. Many of the forms are listed below which you can use, however Michelle will send you whatever other forms are necessary.
Please contact Michelle with any questions you have about hiring students or non - students.
The full CALS Business Center memo can be read here.
- Supervisor's New Vacancy Hire
- Non UTS Posting position
- Acceptance of Temporary Employment (NCSU Students only)
- For TA’s paid on a flat rate, you also need the Flat Rate Request Form.
- I-9 form. Homeland Security requires that an E-Verify be done on anybody who has not worked for NCSU previously.
- Personal Information Form
- Non UTS temporary Employee Application
For Bi-weekly employees:
- In order to complete the I-9 form with CALS, you will need to bring approved Proof of Identification documents. The following list includes some options that are commonly used. A complete list of options is available at this link.
- Driver’s License and Social Security Card
- Driver’s License and Birth Certificate
- NCSU ID card and Social Security Card
- NCSU ID card and Birth Certificate
*Bi-Weekly students will need to submit the following forms to the Plant Biology Office on or before due date of the first timesheet:
- Information Security Acknowledgement Form
- Confidentiality Statement
- Patent Agreement
- Hazard Training – This training is done online. The proof of completion form with score is then returned to the Plant Biology office.