skip to content
Dr. Todd C. Wehner
- Department of Horticultural Science
222 Kilgore Hall, Box 7609
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7609
- Office Phone: 919.515.5363
- Webpage: http://cuke.hort.ncsu.edu/cucurbit/wehner/wehnermain.html
- A.B. in Botany, University of California-Berkeley
- M.S. in Agronomy, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ph.D. in Plant Breeding and Plant Genetics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Dr. Wehner has been working on plant breeding at NC State University since 1979. Responsibilities include research in the area of cucurbit breeding (cucumber, watermelon, cantaloupe, and specialty melons), teaching (plant breeding methods, distance education, and professional communication skills), and service to the department. Outside activities include teaching at the Plant Breeding Academy at the University of California-Davis.
There is information provided on this website for cucumber, luffa gourd, melon (cantaloupe), and watermelon breeding and genetics. There is also information on courses taught, as well as the plant breeding and vegetable crops programs at NC State.