Skip to main content
Department of Horticulture Science
skip to content
||Dr. Jim Burton
||Dr. Dennis Werner
||Dr. Joshua Freeman
||Dr. David Hardy
||Mr. Bill LeFevre
||Dr. John Dole
||Dr. Bill Fonteno
- September 21, 2009 - Dr. Wayne Buhler, Associate Professor and Extension Specialist, NCSU Horticultural Science, "The NC Pesticide Safety Education Program"
- September 28, 2009 - Dr. Chris Gunter, Assistant Professor, NCSU Horticultural Science, "Curious About Vegetable Production in North Carolina?"
- October 5, 2009 - Dr. Barbara Fair, Assistant Professor, NCSU Horticultural Science, "Landscape Extension: What's the Buzz, Tell Me What's Happening"
- October 19, 2009 - Debbie Hamrick, North Carolina Farm Bureau, "What You Need to Know About North Carolina Water"
- October 26, 2009 - Roselyn Whitney-Hatch, Graduate Student, NCSU Horticultural Science, "The Effects of Matrix Attachments Regions on Transgene Expression"
- November 16, 2009 - Dr. Todd Wehner, Professor and Assistant Department Head, NCSU Horticulrural Science, "Cucumber Germplasm Collection in Turkmenistan"
- November 23, 2009 - Dr. David Peele, President, Avoca, Inc., "Overview of The Clary Sage Industry in North Carolina"
- November 30, 2009 - Dr. Ryan Boyles, Director, State Climate Office of North Carolina, "Weather-based Decision Support for Agriculture"
- December 7, 2009 - Barbara Welker, Research Operations Manager, NCSU Biological Resource Facility, " An Overview of the NCSU Biological Resource Facility and Its Relationships with Departments Throughout CALS"
- January 12, 2009 - Anna Davenport, Food Resources Manager, Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, "Behind the Torn Curtain: An Industry Insider's View into the Operations of the Food Bank"
- January 19, 2009 - University Closed, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 2, 2009 - Dr. Rob Richardson, NCSU Crop Science Department, "Aquatic Weed Issues and Management Strategies in North Carolina"
- February 16, 2009 - Khalil AL Maarri (visiting professor from Syria), "Date Palm Propagation through Embryogenesis and Organogenesis"
- February 23, 2009 - Mr. Mahendra Dia, "Environmental Stability for Yield in a Diverse Set of Watermelon Cultivars", Advisor Dr. Todd Wehner
- March 2, 2009 - Spring Break
- March 16, 2009 - Dr. Mark Abney, NCSU Department of Entomology, "The white grub that ate Chadburn: Developing a pest management program during crisis"
- March 23, 2009 - Dr. Gina Fernandez, NCSU Department of Horticultural Science, "Will there ever be Ravishing Raspberries and Bountiful Blackberries in North Carolina?"
- March 30, 2009 - Mr. Steven Todd, "Analysis of the Genetic Basis of Sweetpotato (Ipomoea batatas) Starch Composition", Advisor Dr. Craig Yencho
- April 6, 2009 - Dr. Raul Villanueva, NCSU Department of Plant Pathology, "How do leafhoppers and a bacterium limit the expansion of vinifera grapes in NC?"
- April 20, 2009 - Dr. Frank Louws and Cary Rivard, NCSU Department of Plant Pathology, "Tomato Grafting in High Tunnel Production: Pathology Problems and Horticultural Solutions"
- April 27, 2009 - Dr. Mary Peet, NCSU Department of Horticultural Science, (Title TBA)
- September 15, 2008 - Dr. Jim Ballington, NCSU Department of Horticultural Science, "Muscadine Breeding in NC: Past, Present, & Future"
- September 22, 2008 - Dr. Lucy Bradley, NCSU Department of Horticultural Science, "NC State Urban Horticulture"
- September 29, 2008 - Dr. Bryon Sosinski, NCSU Department of Horticultural Science, "Genetics and genomics in specialty crops"
- October, 6, 2008 - Anne Spafford, NCSU Department of Horticultural Science, (Title TBA)
- October 20, 2008 - Dr. Jennifer Schaff, NCSU Genome Sciences Laboratory, "New approaches to old problems: 2nd generation applications to host-pathogen interactions"
- October 27, 2008 - Dr. Mary Ann Lila, Director of PHHI, Kannapolis, "Tribal Traditions, Resources, and Health under the Cloud of Climate Change"
- November 3, 2008 - Dr. Ted Bilderback, NCSU Department of Horticultural Science, "Out and About in KIWI land"
- November 10, 2008 - FACULTY MEETING
- November 17, 2008 - Dr. T. J. Monaco, Coordinator, Southern Region Small Fruit Consortium, "A Regional Success Story - The Southern Region Small Fruit Consortium"
- November 24, 2008 - Per McCord, "Genetic, genomic, and transgenic approaches to understand and ameliorate internal heat necrosis in potato"
- December 1, 2008 - Dr. Eric Hinesley, NCSU Department of Horticultural Science, "Postharvest handling of Christmas trees"
- January 7, 2008 - Brandon King, NC State Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics & Extension Forestry, "Tree Preservation"
- January 28, 2008 - Rich Felder - Actively Involve Students in Learning, Even with 200 in the Class
- February 4, 2008 - John Dole, "The State of the Dole Floriculture Project
- February 18, 2008 - Gabriele Gusmini, Syngenta/Rogers NK, “From Graduate Research to Private Breeding: Easy and Difficult Aspects of a Professional Transition” (joint seminar with Horticultural Science)
- February 25, 2008 - Brian Spears, "New Pest Advisory Group (NPAG)"
- March 3, 2008 - Mary Peet: ASHS
- March 17, 2008 - Bill Herrera Beardall, Director Facilities Operations, Grounds Management, Fleet Services, and Waste Reduction and Recycling, NC State: "The Revitalization of the NC State Campus"
- March 24, 2008 - Lauri Lawson, Niche Gardens and Chris Moorman, Extension Wildlife Specalist, Forestry, NCSU; "Landscaping with NC Natives"
- March 31, 2008 - Joe-Ann McCoy, NC Arboretum, Development of a Medicinal Plant Germplasm Facility at the NC Arboretum in Asheville, NC
- April 7, 2008 - Bert Abbott, Clemson University: "Peach genetic and genomic mapping"
- April 21, 2008 - Deyu Xie: "Flavonoids: Beauty, Nutrition and Health".
- April 28, 2008 - Barclay Poling: Strawberry production in NC