skip to content
Mission & History
Departmental Mission Statement
- The mission of the Department of Horticultural Science is to provide innovative teaching, research, and outreach in the art and science of horticulture. These programs encompass the basic biology, ecology, production and utilization of horticultural products including fruits, vegetables, flowers, and landscape plants.
- The major goal of the department is to meet the ever changing challenges of a highly competitive and technological world through constant evaluation and adjustment of its programs and positions. The Department of Horticultural Science serves the people of the state, country and world within the concept of the Land Grant mission upon which North Carolina State University was founded.
- The Department of Horticultural Science is working to build a community that is inclusive and welcoming to all people, including those with disabilities.
- NCSU Academic Programs
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- N.C. Deptartment of Agriculture
- U.S. Public and Land Grant Universities